My Curvilicious Followers!!!!


LOVE SIGMA BRUSHES

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

This Blog
This Blog
 
 
 
 

3.15.2011

Pink Series: My Top 10 Pink Blushes



Hey Everyone, 

Pink is by far my favourite colour. It doesn't matter if it's a hammer, a lipstick or a pair of tube socks, if it's pink, it's cute and I want it! With spring and summer on their way, I thought it would be a good time to show you my top 10 favourite pink cheek products. So, here we go:




1) Barry M Blusher in 'Rose': This super hot pink blush is a new favourite. Not only is it super pigmented, it glides on smoothly and gives the cheeks a perfect pop of colour. At only £4.59, I definitely recommend you add this blush to your spring/summer makeup collection. 


2) NYC Cheek Glow in 'Cherry Blossom': At only $2.99, this berry-toned blush is a favourite all year long and works well with a variety of makeup looks. My favourite thing about this blush is that it can be used as both a blush and highlight because of the natural glow it gives the face. 




3) MAC Blush Ombre in 'Azalea Blossom': I bought this blush last spring because of its cool gradient effect. Unlike the majority of the blushes I am showing in this post, this blush has a very cool-tone. I love swirling the pink and purple colours together and wearing it on the cheeks with a smoky black eye and light pink lips. Unfortunately this product was limited edition and is no longer available at MAC. 

4) MAC Mineralized Skinfinish in 'Blonde': This was the first Mineralized Skinfinish (MSF) I bought. With four different strips of shimmering pink colour (ranging from a light white pink to a darker brown-toned pink), I love using this MSF as both a blush and highlight. Unfortunately this colour is no longer available at MAC, although I have heard that Milani's Shimmer Strips in 'Miami Glow' is a great dupe for it.  





5) MAC Creme Blend Blush in 'Florida': I missed out on this 
super-hot pink blush when it was first released with the MAC in Lillyland collection. Luckily, I was able to get my hands on it  at a MAC warehouse sale last year. This super pigmented blush is definitely not for the faint of heart, but when worn very lightly on the cheeks, it gives the face a nice, natural, flushed look. 


6) MAC Cream Colour Blush in 'Pink Shock': While MAC's Creme Blend Blush in 'Florida' looks more vibrant in the pan, it is actually MAC's CCB in 'Pink Shock' that gives the cheeks a brighter pop of pink colour. My favourite thing about this CCB is that it can also be worn on the eyes and lips making it more versatile and more economically friendly.


7) Smashbox O-Glow Intuitive Cheek Colour: Smashbox's O-Glow is definitely one of the cooler products I own. As the name suggests, this intuitive gel blush works with any skin tone as it reacts with your own personal chemistry to create a natural flush of colour. Unfortunately, this blush, doesn't work well on my arms and I could not get a good swatch of it. 



8) MAC Powder Blush in 'Pink Swoon': The first blush I ever bought from MAC was 'Pink Swoon' and I have loved it ever since. This beautiful baby pink colour is by far my favourite MAC blush as it gives the cheeks a subtle hint of colour. This blush is part of MAC's regular line and can be purchased at any MAC store or on the MAC website. If you haven't tried it already, definitely be sure to check it out the next time you are in a MAC store. 

9) MAC Powder Blush in 'Full Fuchsia': MAC's Full Fuchsia is by far the brightest blush I own. With too heavy of a hand, this bright pink blush (which looks scary in the pan) can give the cheeks an undesired clown-like look. However, if you use a very small dab of blush on a very large powder brush and apply it lightly to the cheeks, it looks amazing. I like wearing this blush with a bare eye, lots of mascara and a very light pink lip. This blush is not part of MAC's regular line, but can be purchased at MAC's pro stores.

10) MAC Powder Blush in 'Stark Naked': While you might argue that this blush is not pink, but rather purple, I would have to disagree. While this blush does have a darker brown tone, when sheered out, it gives the cheeks a soft rosy-pink look. Unfortunately this colour is no longer available at MAC. 

I absolutely love the colour pink and can't wait to continue this pink series with my favourite pink lip products. In the meantime, let me know if you have tried any of the products above. Did you like them? What are your favourite pink cheek products? Be sure to leave me a comment below. 

xx
Alicia 

No comments:

Post a Comment